Art represents the triumph over chaos, just as pulled-pork donuts represent the triumph over dignity. Expand your tastes with today's Groupon: for $29, you get a yearlong basic family membership to the Brandywine Conservancy , located in Chadds Ford, PA (a $65 value).
Lauded in Frommer's for its "wonderful displays of book and magazine illustration," Brandywine Conservancy's Brandywine River Museum exhibits an extensive collection of artwork from three generations of Wyeths, as well as several other American artists inside a 19th century gristmill. The museum’s six galleries display collections of American landscapes, still-life paintings, and other works. Stare intently into Jamie Wyeth’s Portrait of Pig or peruse the featured exhibition, which currently displays wood engravings, watercolors, and limited editions of books illustrated by artist and bookwright Barry Moser.
A family membership affords a number of benefits, including unlimited free admission to the museum and seasonal guided tours at the N.C. Wyeth House and Studio and the Kuerner Farm. Members also receive four free guest-admission tickets to the museum, so they can bring up to four friends and as many imaginary friends as can fit in a single fanny pack. Other membership benefits include:
- Discounts at the Museum Shop and restaurant
- Invitations to members' exhibition-preview reception.
- Subscription to newsletters and event notifications sent via email.
- Members-only access to the Laurels and Waterloo Mills Preserves.
- Free registration for educational programs.
- All communications and publications sent via email