Barre is a low-impact, results-driven, full-body workout that burns fat, builds lean muscle, strengthens joints and improves flexibility
What You'll Get
- The studio offers:
- Barre (Classic, Express, and Ballet Barre sessions): A low-impact, results-driven full-body workout that incorporates elements of ballet, Pilates, and yoga. Our method burns fat, sculpts lean muscle, strengthens joints, and improves flexibility and balance.
- Barrelates: A fusion of toning barre and Pilates exercises set to upbeat music.
- POP Pilates: A mat-based fusion of ab-chiseling and total body defining moves choreographed to upbeat pop music.
- Mat Pilates: Strengthen your body and engage your “powerhouse” with this invigorating floor conditioning session rooted in the fundamentals of Pilates.
- Dance Fitness: Burn fat while you jam out to your favorite music in this high-energy cardio blast session. Dance Fitness blends easy-to-follow dance moves with plyometrics for maximum effectiveness. No dance experience necessary!
- Tabata/Zen: A combination of interval cardio (also known as Tabatas or High-Intensity Interval Training) and grounding meditation, all in one comprehensive session. This research-backed session provides proven benefits like significant weight loss, increased self-esteem and decreased clinical depression.
- Adult Ballet: This session will make you feel like a real-life ballerina. Whether you’ve never taken a ballet class before, or you’ve danced all your life, this session has something for you. You’ll participate in the standard components of a ballet class, including barre, center, adagio, allegro and reverence.
- View the class schedule here
- Sessions range from 40–60 minutes in length.
The Fine Print
About Breaking Barre
Our certified instructors provide an energetic and low-pressure environment where people of all ages, body types and skill levels can burn fat, build toned muscle, strengthen joints and improve flexibility and balance while listening to fun music. No previous experience is required for any of our sessions!
Each classic barre session incorporates popular, upbeat music with a fusion of ballet, yoga, Pilates, mindful stretching, and Shavasana. You'll engage in isometric strength training and low-impact, small range of motion movements, large range of motion functional strength movements and cardio bursts.
While we place a lot of focus on the three primary components of a well-balanced fitness regimen—strength, cardio and stretching—we also incorporate mental components like meditation and mindfulness into your workout to engage both your body and mind.