Stress can cause us to feel fatigued, perform poorly at work, and snap at the mail carriers we love. Gulp the easygoing air of sweet-scented back bliss with today's deal: $35 for an hour-long massage at Breathe Organic Massage, a serene, inviting studio in a beautifully restored home-turned-office in the Elizabeth neighborhood (a $75 value). Book an appointment online or call ahead (appointments are accepted Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
A Breathe Organic massage is custom-tailored to each body's specific bothers and bugaboos (lower-back pain, shoulder tension, argumentative elbows, lovelorn knees). Massages start with a conversation about your ailments and expectations for your massage. Just like when you turn up the bass on your fly car stereo, Jonathan Winn will ask you how much pressure you'd like and will adjust the massage accordingly (deep tissue is one of his specialities). Clients, meanwhile, will focus on deep breathing while he unknots your body's knottiest knots. Jonathan has given more than 1,000 massages during his career as a professional therapist, and has administered thousands more as part of his warm-up act before live Colbert Report tapings. He believes that deep breathing can help the body relax and the mind overcome stress.
Breathe Organic Massage only uses organic products (massage oils, linens, and essential oils), unlike the synthetic motor oil your massage robot insists on using. You'll emerge from Jonathan's lovely studio feeling rested and ready for stressful, dangerous holiday traditions such as downtown Charlotte's traditional Running of the Santas.
Not valid for couples massage.
Find a massage near you.
- Jonathan is one of the best massage therapists. He's very welcoming, finds those trouble spots in your body, and I always leave feeling very relaxed and centered. His studio is wonderful. – briley75, Citysearch
- Jonathan is wonderful. I am a massage therapist as well, and am a bit picky. Jonathan is caring and professional with a kind and gentle manner. He is an excellent therapist with great skills. – gdimmick, Citysearch
- Quite literally the best massage that I've ever had. – patrickclt, Citysearch
Classic Children’s Books to Help You Sleep Like a Baby
Massages have numerous benefits, including the ability to help you sleep better. To help you sleep like a baby, try rereading one of these classic children’s books:
- The Anthropomorphic Thing that Learns a Lesson
- Incurious Serge Leaves The Carnival Early
- Mommy, What’s a European Voltage Convertor?
- The Ugly Mermaid
- The Fantastic Adventures of Frank, The Boy Who Sat Quietly When Asked
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
360 N Caswell Rd
Charlotte, North Carolina 28204Get Directions