Since its invention, ice skating has brought us countless thrilling hockey games, scores of inspiring figure-skating routines, and one unforgettable NBA season. Be like Darryl Dawkins in the '82–'83 season with this Groupon.
Choose from Eleven Options
- $9 for admission and skate rental for two (up to $19 value)
- $99 for a season pass for a family of five or more ($199 value)
- $82 for a season pass for a family of four ($165 value)
- $65 for a season pass for a family of three ($130 value)
- $47 for a season pass for a family of two ($95 value)
- $30 for a season pass for one child or senior ($65 value)
- $37 for a season pass for one adult ($75 value)
- $21 for three Learn to Skate sessions, held on Mondays in December, 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. ($42 value)
- $21 for three Learn to Skate sessions, held on Mondays in December, 7:05 p.m.-7:35 p.m. ($42 value)
- $21 for three Learn to Skate sessions, held on Saturdays in December, 8:50 a.m.-9:20 a.m.($42 value)
- $21 for three Learn to Skate sessions, held on Saturday in December, 9:25 a.m.-9:55 a.m. ($42 value)
During open-skate sessions, pairs glide around the outdoor rink amid panoramic views of downtown Des Moines. Learn-to-Skate sessions use the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills program to guide their curriculum. Each group session lasts 30 minutes and includes skate rental, one complimentary public-skate pass per week, and a one-year U.S. Figure Skating membership.
Brenton Skating Plaza
Brenton Skating Plaza's outdoor ice-skating rink is comprised of a 160'x60' sheet of ice that can hold up to 220 skaters. There, skaters—equipped with one of 450 pairs of skates available for rent—can cut lines through the ice in the open air. Throughout the season, which stretches from November to March, the rink hosts skating lessons, broomball games, and public skating, 7 days a week and on holidays. Those looking to warm their insides or have a treat, can enjoy a hot chocolate or snack from the concessions offered on site.