- $17 for general admission for one to Dark Valentine ($27 value)
Choose from the following dates and times:
- Friday, February 12, at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 12, at 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 12, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 12, at 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 13, at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 13, at 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 13, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 13, at 10:00 p.m.
Dark Valentine is a “contact event,” which means guests who accept a glow necklace at the beginning of the attraction will be subject to physical interaction with the actors. See more about contact events on the events page.
The legend of Brighton Asylum says that the facility was once just a chain of warehouses. It was converted into a brutal asylum, which was eventually overrun by the patients. Ever since, those nearby have said mysterious screams drift on the wind from the sprawling buildings, which were closed for good in the 1950s. The legend also suggests that the closure had something to do with members of the staff, who would disappear, never to be seen again.
The professional actors at Brighton Asylum bring them vividly into the corporeal realm, assisted by movie-quality makeup and sets, creating, in the words of the Today Show, "the scariest place on earth." The 13,000-square-foot space is open all year round, and it takes the average person about half an hour to get through. But, the staff says, "that depends entirely on how fast you can run."