Dance can express what words cannot, whether it's the triumphant joy in a football player's post-touchdown pirouette or the passionate tango used to notify roommates that the basement is flooding. Watch the professionals transmit wordless tidings with today’s Groupon, which gets you one ticket to Burn the Floor, performed in conjunction with Broadway in Detroit at the Fisher Theatre, in Detroit. Choose from the following seating options:
- For $34, you get a main floor or mezzanine ticket (a $69 value).
- For $29, you get a loge ticket (a $59 value).
- For $24, you get a balcony ticket (a $49 value).
Performances will take place at 8 p.m., and theater buffs can choose from four different dates:
- Tuesday, February 22
- Wednesday, February 23
- Tuesday, March 1
- Wednesday, March 2
Burn the Floor showcases 20 expert dancers gallivanting gracefully around one another in international-style ballroom dance, which consists of five elegant ballroom dances and five spirited Latin American dances. Awed audiences can gaze upon the rhythmic rug-cutters as they move in unison to the exacting steps of the waltz, the fox trot, and the quickstep. Dances such as the flirty cha-cha, the festive samba, and the intense pasodoble will light up the stage with all the passion of a steamy romance or heated debate over which fork is the salad fork. Other famous dances—including the Viennese waltz, the tango, the rumba, and the jive—vary the pace of the show as it moves from refined to rhythmic and from sensuous to ebullient. Decked out in ornate marble, Indian rosewood and walnut paneling, and crystal and bronze décor, the historic Fisher Theatre provides audiences with an elegant, controlled atmosphere that prevents outsiders from sneaking in without a ticket in search of a shake.
- “Burn the Floor” is a dance show I can wholeheartedly recommend to everyone, even to people who can’t tell an entrechat from an entrecote, and those who think that watching dance on the stage is for sissies. – John Simon, Bloomberg
- The Fisher Theater is a beautiful older building with with [sic] charm and class. Walking in to be seated is somewhat breathtaking – Christine R., Yelp, 01/04/10
3011 W Grand Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan 48202Get Directions