Customers can experience up to 40,000 square feet of physical and creative challenges which involve climbing
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- What’s included: Day Passes provide access to the facility for a 90 minute visit that includes access to climbing, fitness equipment, and co-working spaces.
- Must be 14 or older
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have routes that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. When bouldering, climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
- Where can I store my stuff? We kindly ask that you safely store any of your personal items brought to BKB (i.e. off the floors, benches and bouldering pads). Cubbies and lockers are located around each facility for your convenience. Locks are not provided. Please provide your own or purchase a lock at the front desk.
- What Should I know about BKB etiquette? At BKB we praise the person who marches to the beat of their own drum. That’s why we want you to remember the acronym, D.R.U.M, when at any of our facilities. DRUM = Defend. Respect. Up. Mindful.
- Defend the BKB Dynamic: We dare to be different and we’re proud of it. Please help us in spreading the #BKBLove.
- Respect Yourself + Your Community: If you happen to be disrespectful to any staff and/or community members, we might ask you to leave. Respectfully, of course.
- Look Up: Be aware of your surroundings, always. Climbing is an inherently dangerous sport.
- Be Mindful of the Mission: We aim to foster a sense of belonging for all who walk through our doors, regardless of age, gender, creed and/or orientation, while inspiring you to engage your imagination, passion, and physical potential.
Community Health Information
Please Note: If you’re experiencing any flu or cold-like symptoms, please stay home and return when you are well.
Our community is the most important part of BKB. That means keeping you healthy is our top priority. Below you’ll find the Community Health Standards we’ve put in place to do just that with more information available on our website here.
Daily Deep Cleaning: We will be increasing our staff and the frequency of our cleanings. All high-touch surfaces will be cleaned every two hours with each facility fully deep-cleaned daily. We will be using hospital grade disinfectants to ensure surfaces are thoroughly disinfected.
Shirts, Shoes + Masks Required: Staff + community members are required to wear a mask at all times within the facility. Additionally, BKB team members will be wearing gloves. Shirt and shoes are also required.
Contactless Check-In: If you have made a reservation online, or saved your credit card information on your account, your check-ins will be contactless. Members with BKB swipe cards can also enjoy a contactless check-in.
Temperature Checks: Upon arrival, members + guests will have their temperature taken by trained BKB staff and be asked to perform a health declaration. Staff will receive the same temperature checks before each shift.
Hand Sanitizing Stations: To keep our hands germ-free, we have stocked our facilities with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for lockers and equipment. You’ll find the first sanitizing station located at the entrance, with additional stations throughout the facility.
Increased Cleaning: Facilities will operate on limited hours to allow more time for cleaning between days of operation.
Route, Floor + Flow Markings: To make it easy for all to abide by social distancing guidelines, you’ll find route, floor, and flow markings installed to indicate the appropriate places to climb and stand while maintaining 6 feet of distance between staff, guests, and members.
Hands Free Doors: To limit the number of surfaces staff, members and guests come in contact with, all doors throughout the space will be automated or propped open for hands-free entries and exits.
Limited Locker Room Use: You can find open-air storage and lockers throughout the facility, but locker rooms will be restricted to use for bathrooms and changing only.
Liquid Chalk: Liquid chalk, made with at least 60% alcohol, has been found to be disinfecting and will be provided at no additional cost. If you would like to purchase your own, liquid chalk with 80% alcohol can be found in the retail sections of each facility. We’re currently not allowing loose chalk to be used in facilities.
About Brooklyn Boulders
Towering 22 feet in the air, the main bouldering wall at Brooklyn Boulders Somerville stretches 140 feet across, leaving plenty of room for climbers to make their ascents.
These impressive features explain why Brooklyn Boulders Somerville has earned such glowing press, though that's not the whole story. The rest of the 40,000-square-foot center houses everything from climbing walls to fitness rooms, to a yoga studio situated beneath a skylight. Other amenities include a weight room, a space dedicated to cardio equipment, and saunas for relaxing after a tough workout session.
The sauna isn't the only place to kick back at Brooklyn Boulders Somerville. The entire space is equipped with free WiFi—no surprise given the center's collaboritive workspace, where groups gather to launch start-ups, finish work, or get cranking on school projects in a setting that's about as far from "cramped conference room" as it gets. Elsewhere, pop-up shops spotlight locally made clothes and wares, and a gallery showcases rotating artwork. See a video here.