Pubs allow people to combine their food and spirit intake into one single meal, a feat previously attainable only by cramming five frozen dinners and a box of wine into a blender. Savor expanding horizons with today’s Groupon to Bulldog Ale House in Carol Stream. Choose from the following options:
- For $30, you get a pub meal for two (up to a $62.97 total value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $14.99 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $16.99 value each)
Two signature drinks (a $7 value each)
- For $60, you get a pub meal for four (up to a $125.94 total value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $14.99 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $16.99 value each)
Four signature drinks (a $7 value each)
- For $84, you get a pub meal for six (up to a $188.91 total value) that includes:
- Three appetizers (up to a $14.99 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $16.99 value each)
- Six signature drinks (a $7 value each)
At Bulldog Ale House, frothy suds and robust spirits flow from an expansive full-service bar to complement a hearty menu of all-American pub grub. Crisp tortilla chips plunge into pots of scratch-made queso, priming palates for hearty feasts alongside other meal starters such as the supergrandeplatter, a shareable plate piled high with boneless wings, mini corn dogs, and fried favorites such as mozzarella sticks and onion rings. Like a toddler’s temperament, spicy buffalo wings offer diners mild to atomic eruptions according to their tolerance, and the pub’s eight signature sauces, including Cajun and lemon-pepper, also await to dress hand-breaded chicken tenders and dry beards.
Dining companions may then divvy up slices from one of eight specialty pizzas, such as the Meaty Bull, a mélange of smoked ham, pepperoni, ground beef, and spicy italian sausage, prepared fresh each day from scratch-made dough and Bulldog’s homemade sauces. Or give threadbare bibs one last shot at glory with a half slab of baby-back ribs slathered in a tangy barbecue sauce that also oozes over the B.D. Ale House burger, a western-style creation crowned with cheddar cheese and bacon.
Rum, gin, and triple sec unite with fresh-squeezed lemonade in the signature B-Dog-N-Ade, cooling taste buds alongside the jumbo frozen B-Dog-A-Rita, an original blend of fresh lime juice and tequila served in a salt-rimmed glass or a king-size novelty salt shaker. Although non-signature drinks are not included in today’s Groupon, diners may dampen palates with sips such as craft suds from Half Acre and Goose Island available by the bottle, glass, or 32-ounce monster mug and served amid the romantic flicker of big-screen TVs.