Learning to use a firearm requires understanding and knowledge. Hone your skills with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $59 for a 90-minute Introduction to Shooting class and 90 minutes of range time for one ($150 value)
- $99 for a 90-minute Introduction to Shooting class and 90 minutes of range time for two ($300value)
- $169 for a 90-minute Introduction to Shooting class and 90 minutes of range time for four ($600 value)
Instructors first spend 90 minutes leading classroom work, training students in basics such as safe handling, proper grip and stance, sight alignment, and ammo types by working with several models of pistols and revolvers. Participants then spend the remaining 90 minutes shooting five rounds from 16 different handguns, including 22 LR, 38 Special, 9 mm, and 45 ACP.
Each class is limited to 12 students and includes all gun rentals, ammo, targets, eye and ear protection, and range fees. The schedule typically slates classes on select Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on select Sundays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Bullet Trap Inc.
- Wheelchair-accessible indoor range
- 18 handgun lanes
- 2 rifle lanes
- Cable system sets targets at distances of up to 25 yards away
- Computer programs simulate longer distances for rifle sighting
- Hundreds of firearm rentals
- 9 mm handguns such as a Ruger P95
- .357 Magnum revolvers such as a Smith & Wesson 627
- Semi-automatic rifles such as a Bushmaster AR-15
At a Glance
Instructors at Bullet Trap call upon their onsite range and classroom space to teach courses, most of which focus on helping students qualify for a concealed-handgun license. Beyond that, they go over the fundamentals in beginner handgun lessons and work with students during private sessions. The range connects to a 4,200-square-foot showroom, where the staff advises on arms, ammo, and accessories.
99% of 142 customers recommend
“Paul was a great instructor, very knowledgeable on the laws, and even made the time go by with some funny jokes. Qualifier was not as hard as I thought it would be.”
“Good instructor, good service, and safe range. Enjoyed the handgun class.”