All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed June 19, 2015
Reviewed June 19, 2015
Reviewed April 3, 2015
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $80 for an all-day trip for one person with one bungee jump and a complimentary T-shirt ($99 value)
- $99 for an all-day trip for one person with two bungee jumps and a complimentary T-shirt ($149 value)
You’ll choose between two jump styles open to beginners, performed while wearing a full-body harness: the Superman front dive, which involves diving forward as if into a pool, or choose the backward plunge, which begins with facing your friends before launching yourself backwards.
The day begins with a five-mile hike starting in San Gabriel Canyon at 6 a.m. or 7:30 a.m., scheduled Saturdays and Sundays. You’ll then follow a rocky, rugged trail to the jump spot: the Bridge to Nowhere, a bridge left isolated after a connecting road washed out decades ago. Here’s a look at what you’ll need to be prepared for the trek:
- National Forest Adventure Parking Pass for each vehicle (available onsite for $5)
- Shorts and shoes that can get wet (the trail passes through a creek multiple times)
- Additional weather-appropriate clothing
- Water in non-glass bottles (filter available for refilling onsite)
- Hearty picnic lunch
- Change of dry socks and shoes upon arrival at bridge
- There is no cell service in the canyon. Please print travel instructions ahead of time from here.
Spectator passes for non-jumpers can be purchased for $10 each.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Subject to availability. Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Online reservation required. $20 charge applies to all cancellations. 14-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price may apply. For two-jump package, both jumps must be redeemed on the same day by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bungee America
Seven world records. Two Superbowl commercials. Hundreds of movie and television appearances. Those stats can't all be claimed by one person, but they were all produced by one company: Bungee America. The group of daring jumpers has long-been a go-to resource for Hollywood directors who want to add some thrills to their action flick or hamburger commercial, but the experiences created by these pros aren't limited to stars and their CGI sidekicks. Surrounded by the Angeles National Forest, Bungee America's jumps take place at the private Bridge to Nowhere, where they've successfully facilitated more than 150,000 bungee jumps.
The thrilling plunge is only the crowning feat of an all-day adventure. No roads lead here, thanks to a 1938 flood that gave the site its name, so guides must first take the bungee jumpers on a scenic but moderately challenging five-mile hike into the backcountry. Half an hour of jump school unfolds, where everyone can decide on the jumping style most appropriate for his or her level.