- $45 for admission for two to Wings and Wine ($90 value)
Wings and Wine takes place from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2015. The event includes a tour through the Butterfly Pavilion followed by a wine tasting and four-course dinner.
Beetles, butterflies, and spiders, oh my. Those account for just some of the more than 5,000 tiny creatures that call Butterfly Pavilion home. The zoo wants the world to appreciate invertebrates, which make up 97 percent of the world's animal species, and to that end its grounds show off the diversity of their habitats.
- Size: an 11-acre campus and a 30,000-sq.-ft. indoor facility with four exhibit halls.
- Eye Catchers: 1,600 butterflies flap their colorful wings across the Tropical Conservatory.
- Crown Jewel: Crawl-A-See-Em, home of tiny creatures including Rosie the tarantula.
- Don't Miss: the outdoor gardens and nature trails, where grasses, orchids, and other plants attract insects at different stages of their lives, including those angst-filled months inside the cocoon.
- Hands-On Activities: touch sea stars, sea cucumbers, and horseshoe crabs at Water's Edge.
- Special Programs: Rainforest Yoga classes.