Going out to eat allows you to enjoy fine dining without having to procure exotic ingredients or build a sommelier out of an old computer. Lap up luxury with this Groupon.
$120 for 10-Course Seafood Tasting Menu for Two ($240 Value)
- Chilled cucumber soup with smoked sablefish and lemonade foam
- Tuna tartare with nori crackers and ponzu dressing
- Spot prawn, bacon-lime tortellini with black bean puree, jalapeno fluid gel, and fava beans
- Roasted ling cod and clams in kombu broth with green onion
- Crisp halibut with minted peas and tartar sauce
- Pan-seared salmon with saffron potatoes, ramp puree, preserved orange, and sunny-side quail egg
- Valdeón blue cheese atop poached pears with truffle honey on a crostini
- Sweet-corn sorbet with crisp tarragon and brown butter
- Chocolate mousse with crisp caramel puffed rice
- Petit fours<p>
Executive chef Nicolas Hipperson fell in love with cooking in his grandmother’s kitchen, where he helped her prepare dishes fresh from their garden in rural Saskatchewan. Owner Harry Kambolis had the good sense to pluck him from the prairies and put his talents to use to create C Restaurant’s menu, which has gone on to earn dozens of awards from institutions such as Wine Spectator and Vancouver Magazine.
Unsurprisingly, given the chefs' penchant for home-cooking style with a young urban twist, the ever-changing seasonal menu emphasizes seafood dishes, complementing them with local, sustainably farmed ingredients wherever possible. C Restaurant's decor also emphasizes a connection to the natural world with floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto the Granville Island shoreline. A garden patio shelters diners from summer sunlight with beige umbrellas and the upraised tentacles of the giant squids who live beneath the nearby Burrard Street Bridge.
2-1600 Howe St.
Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2L9