$30 for a one-year gift family membership to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro ($60 value)
- Frank Gehry-designed aquarium promoting marine science education, aquaculture research, and community recreation
- Located near Cabrillo Beach and the Port of Los Angeles
- One-year gift family membership ($60) includes free admission to the aquarium, 12 free parking entries, free subscription to the Tidelines newsletter and calendar, 10% off at the gift shop (20% in December), and a variety of other discounts and perks
- Celebrating 75 years of education, recreation, and research of Southern California marine life
- Family membership is valid for a family of four
- Valid for new members only
Yelpers give Cabrillo Marine Aquarium an average of 4.5 stars and three ParentsConnect reviewers give it a five-star average: > * The BEST of all is that Cabrillo Aquarium is located on a beach where there are real tidepools [sic]. So after exploring the museum you can take a medium length walk to the Cabrillo Beach tidepools [sic]. – Bryan W., Yelp > * Lots of fascinating and educational material. The touch-tank was fun. – Eric V., Yelp
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
A giant forest stretches across most of California—but its impossible to hike there. Submerged just off of the state's rocky coast, large kelp forests make a home to diverse animal and plant life. Moray eels, leopard sharks, and giant sea bass all swim beneath the water, while sea otters splash at the surface. That's just one of the habitats on display inside the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium.
The 21,000-square-foot aquarium showcases Southern California's rich marine life, making it the largest aquarium of its kind in the world. The Susanne Lawrenz-Miller Exhibit Hall charts a journey through different regions, from the open ocean, to the mudflats, to the sandy shores. Other areas present a more immersive experience. The tide pool lets visitors touch a starfish, while the exploration center gives them a worm's-eye view of organisms that live in the mud. The aquarium is also situated right next to Cabrillo Beach, where guests can see animals in their natural habitat.
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium wants to keep all of these creatures around for the long term. Case and point: the aquarium houses a research library and an aquatic nursery, where the team raises young sea animals and trains young scientists.
Coastal San Pedro
3720 Stephen M White Dr.
San Pedro, California 90731Get Directions