What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Cake vs. Cupcakes
Food trends come and go, but cupcakes are forever. For $10, you’ll get nine cupcakes from Cake Crumbs Bakery, a Park Hill bakery specializing in Denver’s freshest cakes and sweets, not raspberry cookie crumbs. Use your Groupon and make a holiday wreath out of cupcakes.
If you’ve previously had a Goldilocks-like relationship with the popular palmcake, you’re sure to find a suitable size, flavor, and frosting at Cake Crumbs. Mix and match flavors for 355,244 combinations. Try a standard vanilla swooped with decadent buttercream, or a red velvet iced in cream-cheese frosting. This Groupon is for standard-size cupcakes, which can be stuffed with special fillings (frosting, peanut butter, espresso cream, and more) for an additional $.50 per cake. See all the possibilities here. All treats are baked from scratch and are free of preservatives.
These infectious confections continue to convert non-believers into devout cupcakists. Everyone, from musicians (Pharrell Williams claims their taste “is worth more than diamonds”) to bloggers, is under their sugary spell. Get this Groupon and surrender to the sweet treats.
- The cakes and cupcakes coming out of this bakery are just amazing. The bakers are so creative and are real artists with cake. – carol w., Insider Pages
- I am so thankful that I went with Cake Crumbs because they were very flexible with what we wanted and they were more than willing to try new recipes for us. – GE080808, Citysearch
- I love the cupcakes here! They are always so moist – cupcake72, Citysearch
Cake vs. Cupcakes
Cupcakes are slowly becoming even more popular than their larger cousins, the cake. What is causing this shift? Here’s a leaked copy of a memo from the Cupcake Baker’s Association entitled Dynamic Strategies for Increasing Cupcake Desirability vis a vis Public Attitudes Toward Full-Size Cakes:
For too long, cupcakes have been viewed as the smaller and therefore inferior version of cake. To increase cupcake consumption, we must change this perception. Here’s how:
- Cease using the term cake to refer to regular-sized cakes. Begin calling cake: Multi-Portioned Overflowed Cupcake Accident Mistake Scary.
- Call cake’s patriotism into question, e.g.: Why are so many cakes decorated with American flags? Because cakes are hiding something? Remember, cupcakes are distinctly American because Susan B. Anthony invented them.
- Is there a link between cake and rising swear-word usage among children? This is a fair question.
- Cakes, due to their overly large size, are possible hiding spots for drug lords looking to avoid prosecution. Cupcakes will not harbor criminals.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 4, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy up to 5 additional as gifts. 1 per visit. Must redeem in 1 visit. No cash back, no credit. Not valid with other offers, online orders or wedding cupcakes. Pre-orders encouraged. Additional cost for fillings. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.