Explore a four-story living rainforest, a planetarium with a 75-foot dome, a moving earthquake exhibit, a living roof, and much more
What You'll Get
California Academy of Science is temporarily closed as of Thursday, March 12th. Click here for additional information.
- What’s included: general admission for one youth (ages 3–17), student, senior (ages 65+); or adult (ages 18–64)
- General admission grants access to the aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, natural history museum, living roof, and all other exhibits and programming.
- When can I visit?: The voucher is valid for admission on any day the museum is open, but you must wait 24 hours after your purchase before visiting.
- Click here to see the hours of operation.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must redeem voucher by expiration date listed on voucher. After the voucher is redeemed for a ticket, the California Academy of Sciences ticketing policy will apply: No refunds or exchanges for lost or stolen vouchers. Tickets are only valid one year after redemption. Vouchers not needed on Free Days. Not valid until 24 hours after purchase. Limit 9 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About California Academy of Sciences
The California Academy of Sciences, based in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, is home to a world-class aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, and natural history museum—all under one living roof. Inside one of the greenest museums in the world, visitors find exhibits and experiences that can only be seen at the Academy: including 40,000 animals living in the aquarium and a four-story rainforest filled with free-flying birds and butterflies. The museum also boasts one of the most accurate digital planetariums in the world, a variety of interactive programs and activities, and more.
- Size: There is a lot happening under the 2.5-acre living roof: walk past the massive T. Rex skeleton to see the 40,000 animals living in the aquarium, and check out the 90-foot glass dome rainforest, the 87-foot long blue whale skeleton, and more.
- Crown Jewel: The four-story rainforest with its free-flying birds and butterflies, exotic reptiles, amphibians, golden silk orb-weaver spiders, and enormous Amazonian fish.
- Eye Catcher: Claude, the beloved albino alligator. Catch one of the regularly-scheduled presentations to learn what it really means to be an albino alligator, and what swamp life is like for American alligators today.
- Hands-On Exhibits: Touch sea urchins in a discovery tidepool, and explore hundreds of specimens in the Naturalist Center.
- Don't Miss: Our colony of African Penguin as they waddle, splash, and socialize with each other.
- Planetarium: Experience the cosmos up front as the 75-foot dome displays one of the most accurate digital universes ever created. Planetarium show tickets are included in the price of admission and can be reserved at the planetarium kiosk.
- Giants of Land and Sea: Experience Northern California's natural wonders hands-on: guests feel their way through an immersive fog room, try to hold their balance in an earthquake room, virtually climb the top of a towering redwood tree, and examine several native specimens and fossils.
- Free with Daily Admission: Coral Reef Dive, Ssssnake Encounter, Quest for Curiosities, Swamp Discovery, and more. Check out the daily calendar on the Academy website to see the schedule.