Choose from Three Options
- $24.95 for one child (ages 4–11) general admission ($24.95 value)
- $29.95 for one youth (ages 12–17) general admission ($29.95 value)
- $34.95 for one adult general admission ($34.95 value)
California Academy of Sciences
The California Academy of Sciences, based in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, is home to a world-class aquarium, planetarium, rainforest, and natural history museum—all under one roof. Inside one of the greenest museums in the world, visitors find treasures that can only be seen at the Academy: step inside a 90-foot rainforest dome to travel from forest floor to tree-top canopy, see what lives in the mysterious dark depths of the ocean, travel the known universe in one of the most technologically advanced planetariums, and learn why the Academy is a renowned scientific and educational institution dedicated to exploring, explaining, and sustaining life on earth.
- Size: There is a lot happening under the 2.5-acre living roof: walk past the massive T. Rex skeleton to see the 40,000 animals living in the aquarium, and check out the 90-foot glass dome rainforest, the 87-foot long blue whale skeleton, and more.
- Crown Jewel: The four-story rainforest with its free-flying birds and butterflies, exotic reptiles, amphibians, golden silk orb-weaver spiders, and enormous Amazonian fish.
- Eye Catcher: Claude, the beloved albino alligator. Catch one of the regularly-scheduled presentations to learn what it really means to be an albino alligator, and what swamp life is like for American alligators today.
- Hands-On Exhibits: Touch sea urchins in a discovery tidepool, and explore hundreds of specimens in the Naturalist Center.
- Don't Miss: Our colony of African Penguin as they waddle, splash, and socialize with each other.
- Planetarium: Experience the cosmos up front as the 75-foot dome displays one of the most accurate digital universes ever created. Planetarium show tickets are included in the price of admission and can be reserved at the planetarium kiosk.
- Free with Daily Admission: Coral Reef Dive, Ssssnake Encounter, Quest for Curiosities, Swamp Discovery, and more. Check out the daily calendar on the Academy website to see the schedule.