Certain holiday performances have maintained popularity despite competition from newer seasonal hits such as Santa vs. Predator and Good Burger on Ice. Enjoy a timeless classic with today's Groupon to California Ballet's production of The Nutcracker at San Diego Civic Theatre. Choose from the following ticket options:
- For $25, you get one side dress circle or side mezzanine ticket (a $50 value).
- For $12, you get one upper balcony seat (a $25 value).
Both seating options are available for the following dates:
- Saturday, December 18 at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 19 at 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 21 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 21 at 7 p.m.
Since 1968, the California Ballet's performers and staff have been presenting popular favorites as well as original works. Their production of The Nutcracker is the longest running in San Diego and features live accompaniment by the San Diego Symphony. Wrangle the family and start a new holiday tradition, finally replacing the old tradition of attempting to tame every wild horse in the neighborhood.
- Festive, polished, and charming, California Ballet's "Nutcracker" gave a gala kickoff to the holiday season. – Janice Steinberg, SanDiego.com
- The company presents Maxine Mahon's 40th annual production, billed as the county's largest, featuring guest principal dancers, as many as 200 company dancers and live musical accompaniment. – Pam Kragen, North County Times
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year
1100 3rd Ave.
San Diego, California 92101Get Directions