$49 for a one-year Conductor family membership ($75 value)
- Free admission to the California State Railroad Museum for two adults, the member’s children or grandchildren (under 18 years of age), and two guests
- Free excursion train rides on the Sacramento Southern Railroad and at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- Discounts on first-class excursion train rides on the Sacramento Southern Railroad
- Discounts at the museum store and Huntington Hopkins hardware store
- Advance tickets to special events and openings
- View all benefits here<p>
California State Railroad Museum
Each April, a tear in the space-time continuum opens up along the Sacramento River. Through it rolls a first-class locomotive right out of the 1940s and 50s. For 45 minutes, passengers in the train's coach and luxury first class car soak in the sights of California's fruit-growing deltas as the vintage diesel engine carries them into another time.
The California State Railroad Museum conducts these scenic, historic train rides. The excursions play a crucial role in the museum's mission to chronicle California's railroad history from the early days of the Gold Rush to modern agricultural transports and the proposed railroad to Mars. Spanning centuries, 21 restored locomotives and train cars blanket the museum's 225,000 square feet of exhibit space. A Pullman-style sleeping car and a dining car filled with fine china both sit on display, while the museum's Sierra Scene places a vintage steam locomotive next to a breathtaking mural of snow-dusted mountains. The popular Small Wonders: The Magic of Toy Trains exhibit currently commands the second floor, and with hundreds of examples of early electric toy trains and accessories such as stations, signals, tunnels, and bridges, it should delight even the most discerning miniature conductor.