Massage is a time-honored method of alleviating stress, as is the ancient art of crafting origami swans out of midterm exams. Ace relaxation with today’s Groupon to Calming Ground. Massage sessions will take place at The Groome Inn Bed and Breakfast in Greensboro. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get a 60-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage (an $80 value).
- For $53, you get a 90-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage (a $110 value).
- For $75, you get a 60-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage for two (a $160 value).
- For $90, you get a 90-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage for two (a $220 value).
- For $80, you get a 60-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage with basket lunch for two (a $180 value).
- For $95, you get a 90-minute deep-tissue or relaxation massage with basket lunch for two (a $240 value).<p>
Calming Ground’s Julia Groome Allred guides a staff of six nationally certified therapists inside a carefully renovated 111-year-old historical home. During each massage, professional stress matadors employ either deep-tissue or relaxation techniques to address clients’ particular pains, concerns, and court orders for massage therapy. Deep-tissue sessions employ firm strokes to alleviate chronic pain, headaches, and rigidity, whereas relaxation massages can reduce stress and anxiety. After successfully conquering stress, duos may celebrate by sharing a basket lunch from Above and Beyond catering in one of the various gardens or by frolicking across 8 acres of white oaks and rolling green lawns that surround the country house—which also pleases the eyes and feet with a wraparound porch.
Dedicated bodywork expert Julia Groome Allred heads Calming Ground’s staff of six certified therapists, who each employ expertise in assorted massage modalities to engineer customized treatments around clients’ needs. The team calms minds and dissolves tension with such diverse techniques as oncology massage, reiki, and reflexology, and frequently de-stresses champion badminton partners during couples’ massages. Each service assuages aches amid the idyllic environs of The Groome Inn, a 1900s farmhouse turned elegant bed and breakfast nestled on eight acres of lush woods, native North Carolina vegetation, and singing birds that happily field song requests. To further cultivate relaxation, Calming Ground clients can decamp to one of The Groome Inn’s four suites for a nap or catered basket lunch.