- $99 for a Survival Camp for one on December 27–29 ($125 value)
Participants learn the basics of survival with instructors that make the material fun, using hands-on techniques to impart skills that can help keep you alive.
The camp discusses the following topics:
- Constructing a debris hut and other shelter types
- Where to find wood and use it to build, light, and safely extinguish a fire
- Learn to build a bow drill set
- Where to find water and how to make it safe to drink
- Making rope from plant materials
- Various knots
- Finding edible plants for food and medicine and avoiding poisonous ones
- Primitive cooking methods.
- How to construct and lay traps and snares
- Basic tracking—footprints along with other animal signs to follow
On its scenic 35-acre tract of forests and trails, Camp Tonkawa connects kids and adults to nature with simple country living, beautiful vistas, and hands-on classes in survival skills. Campers learn how to thrive in the wild with classes in primitive living skills, appreciate the ecosystem with nature awareness and herbology lessons, or connect with equine friends in horsemanship training.