All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Human hands have negotiated unsafe monkey bars, laid brick to mortar, merged the butters of peanuts with the sauces of grapes, and grown their own fingers. Today's Groupon adds one more skill to your arm paddles with your choice of four crafting classes focusing on salves, scrubs, elixirs, or bath salts at Herban Wellness for $10. Learn under the tutelage of an herbal-medicine guru as you make your own soothing potions to stock your start-up apothecary.
Making your own lotions and herbal remedies makes everyday indulgence more affordable and squirrels away extra dimes for purchasing wedding cakes by the dozen. Herban Wellness's owner and educator, Katya Difani, holds a degree in Herbal Science and has a passion for teaching others how to take nature's essential ingredients and transform them into rejuvenating substances. Choose one from the following four classes:
- Lotions, Salves, and Lip Balms ($30 value): Play with a batch of herbs and essential oils to create simple skin creams and salves that can be quickly and easily replicated. You'll leave with a sample of the creations to use at home. (Saturday, March 13, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and Sunday, March 21, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Body Scrubs and Masks ($25 value): Learn to harness the power of exfoliation for detoxification and scrubbingful merriment. In this class, you'll blend salt scrubs, sugar scrubs, and grain-based scrubs to create a spa experience in your own bathroom. Be prepared to get a little messy, as you'll get to try out the concoctions during your class. (Tuesday, March 2, and Wednesday, March 17, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Herbal Teas & Elixirs for Health and Enjoyment ($25 value): Stock your hot water cabinet with a collection of your own homemade teatime ingredients for the soothing of throats and the company of scones. (Thursday, March 11, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Bath Salts & Foot Soaks Using Essential Oils & Herbs ($25 value): In addition to helping you relax after a long day at the Pop Tart factory, customized bathing salts make easy and thoughtful gifts. You'll leave class with your own aromatherapy bath-salt blend and foot soak. (Thursday, March 25, and Wednesday, April 7, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Classes will be scheduled every month for the duration of your Groupon's validity (one year), so if you can't make one of the above sessions, you'll still have plenty of opportunities to use your Groupon.
Each class is subject to cancellation if fewer than five people sign up.
- The best is Katya's knowledge and personal touch with each of her blends of organic herbs. The store is a treasure, get her winter cold blend to fight off the gunk. – Tim R., Yelp
- She has done such a good job with providing a village presence for wellness. The price's [sic] are reasonable and well worth the education that comes along with the products. – Gwen N., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 365 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. 1 per Person Valid for four different classes ranging from $25 to $30 choose between several classes ranging from $25 to $30 and get 15% off products the day of class. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Herban Wellness
As a teenager, Katya Difani wrestled with chronic health issues that left her physical and spiritual wellness out of whack. From her misfortune blossomed something beautiful: an appreciation for the healing effects of nature's bounty. After obtaining a degree in herbal science, Katya opened Herban Wellness, a shop stocked with holistic and natural remedies for common health complaints. From bulk herbs born at local farms, each vetted in person by Katya herself, to house-blended teas that soothe allergies, Herban Wellness’s selection holds its own against prescription meds.
The store also hosts practical classes that teach customers how to implement holistic cures in their own homes. During one session, Katya compiles the ingredients for all-natural lotions, salves, and lip balms that students can make in their own blenders after acing the instructional course.