Step into the candle-lit ambience of the 160-year-old St. John's Sanctuary and back in time to the golden age of radio dramas as the acclaimed Radiotheatre presents Fright Night!. Each show brings to life several classic spooky tales from masters of the macabre like Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. Featuring a stellar cast accompanied by original orchestral scores and topped off with sound effects, Fright Night! is "a sound extravaganza" (Variety). Now in its 11th season, the cult favorite Radiotheatre has racked up 13 New York Innovative Theater Award nominations, winning two.
This show is recommended for ages 13 and up.
October 27 & 30:
- Morella — Edgar Allan Poe’s greatest ghost story.
- The Screaming Skull — The skull of a murdered woman refuses to stay buried.
- The Curse of Yig — H.P. Lovecraft’s tale of the snake god Yig who seeks revenge.
November 10 & 24
- Berenice — A man is obsessed with his cousin’s teeth.
- From Beyond — A mad scientist discovers the horrifying invisible world around us.
- Terror Island — Three people in a lighthouse are attacked by thousands of hungry rats.
December 1, 15 & 22
- The Birds — A Hitchcock classic! The birds revolt.
- The Monkey’s Paw — Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.
- The Demon Lover — Alone in an empty house, a woman is visited by her first lover.
- All Soul’s Eve — On Christmas Eve, a woman prepares for her dead husband to return to her.
81 Christopher Street
New York, NY 10014Get Directions