What You'll Get
Ronald K. Brown is a storyteller -- but the yarns he spins could never be written down. For the stories of this globally acclaimed choreographer are told in movements inspired by Africa, the Caribbean and American dance clubs. But now the company he founded, Ronald K. Brown/Evidence, A Dance Company, sets about telling the most important story of all: its own history. Founded 30 years ago by Brown when he was only 19, Evidence, A Dance Company will trace its ascendancy from Brooklyn to the height of American dance culture through a series of signature works. Be there for this extraordinary performance from an extraordinary company at BRIC Arts Media House.
Program A (November 12 – 14):
• Two-Year Old Gentlemen (Live Music by Mamadouba Mohamed Camara)(2008)
• Clear As Tear Water solo from Truth Don Die (2006)
• March, duet from Lessons (1995)
• Water (Text Written and Performed by Cheryl Boyce Taylor) (1999)
Program B (November 19 & 20):
• Walking Out the Dark (Live Music by Mamadouba Mohamed Camara) (2001)
• Why You Follow/Por Que Sigues (2014)
The Fine Print
Offer does not include ticketing fees. Information on how you’ll receive or pick up your tickets along with any date-specific advisories or restrictions will be provided to you in checkout.