All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed October 6, 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013
What You'll Get
There are few things as liberating as being able to fly, which is why humans invented airplanes and why penguins constantly try to sabotage them by climbing into their jet engines. Feel the freedom of the skies with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$269 for a private pilot starter package (a $595 total value)
- 40 hours of private pilot ground school (a $325 value), which addresses subjects such as air law, meteorology, theory of flight, navigation, airframe engines and systems, flight options, and human factors in flying
- Textbook (a $45 value)
- Bag (a $25 value)
- 30-minute discovery flight (a $200 value)
- The four ground-school sessions are only available at one of the following times: Wednesdays from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on June 5–September 4, or Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m. on September 14–December 14.<p>
$99 for a 30-minute discovery flight and lesson (a $200 value)
- Take the controls of a Cessna or Piper airplane during a 30-minute introduction to piloting
- Tour of Canadian Flight Centre’s facilities and a brief ground lesson<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 8, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Must be 18 or older. 250lb weight max. Must sign waiver. Starter package option valid only for the following sessions: Wednesdays from 7-10 p.m. on 6/8-9/7 or Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on 9/14-12/14. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Canadian Flight Centre
Based at Kamloops and Boundary Bay Airport, Canadian Flight Centre has used its fleet of small aircraft to train more than 3,000 professional and recreational pilots since its inception in 1979. After a thorough ground-school education, potential commercial and private fliers hop into planes for flight training. Instructors utilize the region's unique proximity to coastal mountains and the Pacific Ocean to teach specific mountain checkout or water-related flying and instrument skills. They outfit their instructional aircraft with all the controls, instrumentation, and capabilities necessary to imbue industry-standard proficiency.