Go-karts allow people to experience the thrill of driving without having to hear radio ads for pungent soaps or look at four empty seats that remind them of the time someone stole their family of mannequins. Keep thrills pure with this Groupon.
$49 for 2012 Go-Karting Membership Package ($258.99 Value)
- Membership through the end of 2012 (a $149 value)
- Training session with 20 laps (a $60 value)
- Loaner suit and helmet for use the day of training only (a $49.99 value)
- Training is available from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., rain or shine
- After racers finish training, they can buy racing passes for $60 per event, one practice session for $25, or three practice sessions for $60.<p>
Canadian Karting League
Russ Bond knows a thing or two about go-karts; after all, he's dedicated his career to them. As own of Canadian Karting League, he offers kids and adults the opportunity to take to the tarmac with race-prepared karts, comprehensive safety training, and a battalion of professional mechanics at their backs. Russ explains to motoringtv.com that through years of training and racing cars professionally, he “always wanted to give back … so kids could get involved in karting,” In addition to boosting adrenalin and making for memorable afternoons, karting can teach kids and tweens how to pass other cars, handle turns, and harmonize by punching their horns. Giving kids the experience of maintaining their own kart “can only help them when they get a licence,” Russ says.