Celebrity hub that opened in 1931 is known for its East Coast–style sandwiches and housemade pickles
The Fine Print
- Cash back is calculated on total bill after tip
- Deal valid for 30% cash back only on first purchase and 10% cash back on all other purchases, including after the deal is re-claimed. Limited to 1 transaction per visit
- Deal expires 30 days after claimed, but Groupon may re-claim the deal for you
- Cash back is awarded in form of statement credits
- Online orders placed through third-parties are not eligible for cash back
- Most cards are eligible for cash back. See FAQ for details
- For debit cards, select "credit" when you pay. Not all debit purchases may qualify for cash back
- Deal can be used multiple times until it expires
- Deal is subject to Groupon+ Deals Terms
- Enrollment in Groupon+ required. Eligible card will be linked to all Groupon+ participating merchants
About Canter's Deli
In October 2012, the Canter's Deli menu was updated to make way for lots of new options. It now features panini-style melts that offer a lighter taste of East Coast deli trademarks. For example, the little dip (brisket, onion gravy, and muenster cheese, pressed and grilled). The burgers have been updated, too. Thick-cut bacon, avocado, tomato, red onion, and blue cheese make up the Black and Blue burger. The bun is challah bread baked right on the premises.
But the trademarks aren't going anywhere soon. You can get a corned-beef Reuben and a hot pastrami. Another signature sandwich is Matt's Special—turkey, coleslaw, and russian dressing on challah bread. You can also try the matzo ball soup , another very popular menu item. Breakfast favorites, such as buttermilk pancakes, chocolate chip banana pancakes, and corned beef hash and eggs, are served all day, and dinner entrees, including stuffed cabbage and a selection of salads, round out the menu.
Canter's offers domestic and premium beers and features eight new choices from the tap that are served in a 14 oz. glass. Red and white wines complement a list of specialty cocktails and classics, such as the bloody mary and strawberry margarita.
Canter's has hosted a few famous faces over the years, including President Obama, who visited in 2014.
What You'll Get
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card
- Get 30% cash back on your first purchase and 10% cash back on additional purchases, including if the deal is re-claimed
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days