All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $54.50 for one 60-minute float session ($75 value)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required, same day appointments accepted. Not valid until 01/01/2016. Pre-Grand Opening Special. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). All goods or services must be used by the same person. May be repurchased every 90 days. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Capitol Floats
Not many people have life-changing experiences from a podcast. But while listening to the Joe Rogan Experience, Ryan Duey was inspired to try stepping into a float tank in 2013—and his life has never been the same. Today, Ryan looks forward to to helping others tap into their subconscious, hyper-relaxed state at his own float-tank business, Capitol Floats. Read on to learn more about floating:
What to Expect
- First-timers should arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork and go through orientation.
- After showering and putting in earplugs, you'll immerse yourself in the tank, which is filled with an epsom-salt solution.
- After an hour, music gently plays in the tank to indicate the session is complete. You'll then shower again to rinse off the saltwater.
- You'll then retreat to the post-float room to settle back into the real world. Drinks, books, and writing and art materials will be on hand, and you can also bring your laptop to jot down any creative ideas you came up with while in the tank.
Floating has positive effects on both the body and mind. Physically, the epsom salts allow you to float effortlessly, reducing strain on muscles and joints. Sessions can temporarily relieve pain and may aid in lowering blood pressure, reducing bloating, or increasing circulation. Mentally, the time in the tank allows your mind to wander freely. This can reduce stress and increase mental clarity, resulting in creativity, self-reflection, and possibly even the ability to remember where you lost your prized Beanie Baby in 1997.
About the Tanks
- Filled with 10 inches of water
- The water is saturated with 1,000 pounds of epsom salts so you'll float, and the forces of gravity are less.
- The tank is heated so the air, body, and water temperature are all the same (93 degrees Fahrenheit), so there's no jarring difference that draws you out of a relaxed state.
- Insulated so there's no light or sound interference