Tour boats stocked with refreshments cruise Potomac waters as narrator points out DC’s historical landmarks
About This Deal
- The narrated, historical 45-minute tour departs hourly from Washington Harbor. Gliding along the Potomac River, the boat tours present a singular view of some of Washington DC’s most well-known landmarks, federal monuments, and government buildings.
Departure time: Tours depart every hour on the hour, starting at 11 a.m. Customers may call to ask about the daily schedule.
- From May through September the last tour is at 8 p.m.
- April and October: the last tour is at 7 p.m.
- Tours do not run from November through March
- Departure location: Washington Harbour, Georgetown, 3050 K Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20007
Capitol River Cruises does not accept advance reservations. Tour admission is first-come, first-served and subject to availability. Prearranged bus groups will have priority boarding.
Need To Know
About Capitol River Cruises
Recently celebrating 25 years of delighting passengers, the maritime crew at Capitol River Cruises supplies a memorable yet speedy method of taking in Washington, DC's historical highlights. The crew whisks new passengers away from Washington Harbor every hour on afternoon boat tours that navigate the famous Potomac River. Two tour vessels, the Nightingale and his son, Nightingale II, house refreshments as guides supply historically astute narration. Their narration, combined with the unobstructed views granted by the Potomac, create an illuminating way to explore sites such as the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and US Capitol.