Choose Between Two Options
- $179 for a scuba-certification course for one ($329 value)
- $329 for a scuba-certification course for two ($658 value)<p>
The course includes the following:
- Classroom sessions, pool sessions, and open-water dives
- Textbook, worksheets, record, certification registration, and a scuba-diver certification card
- Use of tanks, regulators, and buoyancy compensators<p>
Classes will begin in January. After classroom sessions cover the theory behind diving, certified instructors let small groups of students aged 10 and older get their fins wet in pool-based practice sessions before doing the real thing in open-water dives. Students must provide their own masks, fins, snorkel, weight belt, and weights. Evening and weekend classes are available. See the calendar for upcoming dates. As class space is limited, dates often fill up quite quickly.
Please note that the open-water dives will take place at Ginnie Springs for the month of January and Crystal River for the following months. Hotels are not included for the dives.<p>
Capt. Pete’s Diving Outfitters
To say that Captain Peter Williamson has been a scuba fanatic his whole life is somewhat untrue—he lived six whole years before even discovering what scuba diving was. A fan of the sport since the ripe old age of six and an avid diver since the age of 12, Captain Pete has attained three teaching certifications and a USCG 50-ton master’s license to captain a dive boat. When he’s not exploring coral or unpopular Atari game cartridges at the bottom of the ocean, he slings gear from all the major producers of scuba equipment in his dive shop.