Choose Between Two Options
- C$40 for a deluxe detail package for a car (C$99 value)
- C$50 for a deluxe detail package for an SUV, truck, or van (C$119 value)
Deluxe package includes:
- Exterior wash
- Dash, console, and door panel cleaning
- Full vacuuming of carpets, floor mats, and seats
- Cleaning of all vinyl and rubber surfaces
- Cleaning of exterior rubber and chrome trim
- Rim and wheel well washing
- Interior and exterior window cleaning
- Tire shine
Chrome: Beauty and Brawn
A car wash or detail might revive the shine on sullied chrome, but that mirror-like material isn’t just for looks. Check out Groupon’s guide to the purpose and process behind a chrome finish.
A car’s gleaming grill or a motorcycle’s shining exhaust pipes sure look pretty, but chrome plating is just as much about function as it is about style. True to its name, chrome contains chromium—a hard, rust-resistant metal element that, when overlaid on another material such as nickel, steel, copper, or plastic, results in a bright and durable finish. This combination of a radiant, bluish-white sheen and resistance to corrosion has made chrome a popular coating for appliances, industrial tools, and—of course—automotive trim.
Chrome is applied using a process called electroplating. After a quick dip in acid to remove any oxides from its surface, the material is coated with copper and nickel and transferred to a solution of chromic acid and another catalyst. There, an electric current attracts charged chromium ions to the material’s surface, locking in the bright, silvery shine much as a coat of varnish locks in the pioneer spirit of a Lincoln Log.