Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for five drop-in kickboxing classes ($50 value)
- $75 for 15 drop-in kickboxing classes ($150 value)
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
A Chat with Cardio Kickfit
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
This is a unique class you will not find anywhere else in Reno. I have created it. It is a mixture of cardio, boxing, kickboxing, and MMA, with some shredding ab work as well.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
I have taught this around town now for four years. I have always wanted my own studio where I could control the environment and substance of the classes. I know what this class has done to help people regain their strength, lose weight, and increase their energy.
What do you love most about your job?
I love that I have helped people reach their weight goals with this workout—without pills and fad diets. I have seen depressed people come to me and change without the use of drugs. All just by using their body by moving and getting their heart rates up by breaking a sweat.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
On more than one occasion I have had people tell me I changed their lives. They are happier and feel stronger, not only their bodies but also their minds. There is nothing more gratifying than a person telling you, "I am happier since I met you!"