What You'll Get
In the days before résumés, job-hunters were forced to recite epic poems to list their achievements or prove they were English majors without providing transcripts. Favor content over form with today’s Groupon from CareerPlex. Choose between the following options:
- For $43, you get any three career tools and extras (a $143 value). Choose from the following:
- Two years of free updating
- Soft file conversion to Word and ASCII Plain Text for use on the Internet
- Alternate version of your résumé
- Upgrades to a functional résumé
- CareerPlex Career Map job-hunting service
- Delaware Street Energy Profile self-assessment career-direction boost
- Student endowment as part of CareerPlex’s Options Program
- Job-hunting tips from a career advisor
- T-shirt printed with résumé or baseball cap printed with job title<p>
- For $83, you get a professional résumé and cover letter (a $235 value)<p>
Drawing on a knack for clear, concise communication, the Los Angeles-based writers at CareerPlex showcase the talents, values, and achievements of job-hunters of all levels in professional résumés and cover letters, giving customers an edge with extra career services. After discussing their needs with a representative, clients upload existing résumés to CareerPlex’s website. The writing process, which lasts 24–72 hours, begins with a 20- to 50-minute interview in person, over the phone, or via astral projection. Writers’ simple questions reveal clients’ aspirations, experience, and achievements, such as the ability to climb a corporate ladder blindfolded. Clients review first drafts of their documents in PDF format before a 20- to 50-minute follow-up consultation, in which writers make revisions and set a delivery date for finished products. Throughout the process, clients can contact career advisors for advice and receive a response within 45–60 minutes.
CareerPlex’s career tools and extras boost professional prospects with services such as two years of résumé updating, alternate versions of résumés, or advice from experienced career advisors, who may impart secrets to landing better jobs or beating rats at footraces.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.