Without frequent exposure to art, viewers may struggle to discern whether they’re looking at an impressionist masterpiece or out a heavily smudged window. Start your eye-training with today’s Groupon to the Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild’s Fine Craft + Design Show at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds’ Exposition Center. Children younger than age 12 are admitted for free. Choose between the following options:
- For $7, you get two single-day event passes (a $14 value).
- For $11, you get two full-weekend passes (a $22 value).
The craft show is open on:
* Friday, November 25 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Saturday, November 26 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
* Sunday, November 27 from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The 42nd annual Fine Craft + Design Show exhibits the work of more than 100 artisans from 11 states in mediums that include sculpture, wearable fiber, and pottery. Blown-glass creations and metalwork can bedeck a vacant credenza or spruce up a derelict attic. Handhewn-object enthusiasts can also bask in the plethora of handcrafted furniture and jewelry pieces strewn about the fairgrounds. This year, the guild will award one high-school-age designer with a $500 scholarship raised through guild-member contributions.
1025 Blue Ridge Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607