What You'll Get
Prior to modern exercise technology, humankind got into peak physical form naturally: climbing trees, kayaking in water, heaving salmon, etc. Today's Groupon gets you one Kayaking 4 Fitness class at Carolina Mike’s Kayaking Adventure for $15. As a champion of the noble outdoors, Carolina Mike will shake you from the monotony of working out in gyms and dumbbell-lined secret closets.
Carolina Mike is an ACA kayaking instructor. The small classes (4-10 people) include the necessary kayaks, gear, and plenty of one-on-one instruction. Your able guide will help and encourage you through a series of maneuvers, including interval paddling and sweep strokes to actively work the muscles of your body as they transform you into a superhuman kayak machine-person.
Kayaking is a rapidly expanding sport that builds aquatic confidence through intense exercise. This calorie-burning cardio workout, set to the stunning Tampa sunset and roaming dolphins and manatees, is open to all fitness levels. When you’re done, replenish your energy with savory fried green tomatoes, or what many call "nature's energy bar," cooked up at the nearby Whistle Stop Grill.
Kayaking provides the perfect balance between physical stimulation and tranquility. Get back to nature and become one with the waves, without literally falling out of the boat and dissolving into sea foam parts. The class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. Call ahead to secure a spot and confirm location (normally the Safety Harbor Marina).
- This meet up was GREAT! Using Kayaking to tone the upper body and to keep your waistline in line is money well spent. – gormanj
- I really enjoyed it. I got a good workout… the nightime paddling was very pleasant. We left glowing green puddles of phosphoressence with each paddle stroke. Yeah, awesome. Nice work Mike. – Michael JE
- Great workout, it wasn't cold at all, the Mangrove tunnels were great at night, should have stayed out longer. – Peter Clarke
How to Remember Boating Terms
Experienced sailors are well versed in boating terminology, but for beginners, here are some helpful tricks to remember what these sailing terms mean:
- Port: The port side is the left side of the boat and port has four letters, just like left.
- Starboard: Has nine letters, just like the words Carrot Top, which is why it denotes the side of the ship where Carrot Top is standing.
- Mast: Rhymes with past, and just like the past, is the part of the ship that sailors refuse to dwell on.
- Hull: The hull is a specific dream every sailor has toward the end of their careers in which hockey great Bobby Hull tells them, “It’s time. It’s time. It’s time.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 2, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person, multiple as gifts. Tues and Thurs nights at 6 pm only, subject to availability. Location may vary, call to confirm. 24 hr. cancellation policy. Class size: minimum 4, maximum 10. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.