All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Birds of prey have telescopic vision, enabling them to be excellent hunters, decent astronomers, and inferior in relationships in which the big picture is really more important. Brush up on raptor factoids with today's Groupon to the Carolina Raptor Center, located a brisk 15 minutes away from Uptown Charlotte. Choose from the following options (children under 4 are free):
- For $5, you get one adult admission (a $10 value).
- For $4, you get one senior, military, or educator admission (an $8 value).
- For $3, you get one student admission (a $6 value).
Visitors can expect to see a wide variety of fearsome raptors, from eagles to owls, some of which can be seen up close and personal at one of the center's several live programs and tours or in cinematic splendor in the upcoming Raptors of the Silver Screen (limited engagement beginning November 26; admission is not included with this Groupon). On a clear day, fortunate guests can catch a clear view of the resident raptor, Emma, a white barn owl taken under the Carolina Raptor Center's wing following a series of broken bones. Too fragile to survive in the wild, Emma now pitches in around the center, raising wildlife awareness and taloning up rogue litter.
At the Carolina Raptor Center, the caring staff believes that all birds deserve a nest to call home, unless of course they are owls, in which case their home must contractually be a den with an ergonomic computer desk. Taking in wounded wings, the center prides itself on giving its inhabitants a second chance. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own binoculars for optimal viewing, or they can opt to cup their hands in front of their eyes for an incredible 1x zoom.
- The center rehabilitates birds of prey that have been injured with the hopes of returning them to the wild but the birds that cannot be returned are kept at the site and cared for in zoo-like aviaries. The center affords the visitor an opportunity to learn about the birds and see them up close in a way that wouldn't be possible in the wild. There are several types of falcons, owls, vultures and a family of bald eagles…Definitely worth the trip. – Peter H., Yelp
- The Carolina Raptor center is a very quick drive from uptown Charlotte. The center rehabilitates injured raptors from all over the US, but keeps those that are unable to return to the wild. They do a great job with educating visitors about the 'residents'. – Veronica O., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 23, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Student Rate applies to students 5 and older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.