Going to a concert is the only way to listen to music in public without having to put your mouth around a discman to catch its sound vibrations. Enjoy easier listening with this GrouponLive deal.
- Season Passes to the Toronto Concert Orchestra’s Symphony in the Gardens
- When: Valid for any Wednesday evening until September 3, 2014
- Where: Casa Loma
- Seating: general admission
- Time: Doors are at 6 p.m., performance begins at 7 p.m., ends at 9 p.m., and closes at 10 p.m. rain or shine
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the concert schedule
- C$25 for one season pass (up to C$50 value)
- C$49 for two season passes (up to C$100 value)
Symphony in the Gardens
The gothic castle at Casa Loma towers above the lawns of this weekly concert series, while the cityscape of Toronto sparkles in the background. It offers a special symphony menu with food and drinks to enjoy while listening to live music in the castle gardens. In case of inclement weather or cello heist, the concert will be relocated. Take a look at a selection of the concerts.
- The Grand Salon (July 23): this tribute to Edith Piaf celebrates the French queen of cabaret, best known for “Non, je ne regrette rien” and “La Vie en rose”
- Switched on Bach (August 6): Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto is the centerpiece of this tribute to Wendy Carlos, who brought Bach into the future by playing it on synthesizers
- Mendelssohn Synfonia (August 20): astonishingly mature for a piece written by a 14-year-old, Mendelssohn’s 9th Symphony was dedicated to the alpines of Switzerland
- Symphonie D’Archets (August 27): the concert spotlights string symphonies from three turn-of-the-century masters—Ravel, Debussy, and Grieg
What some people are buzzing about:
“come early for a wonderful experience”
“one of the best deals in toronto”