What You'll Get
Click “buy” above to buy tickets for Saturday, September 26th. Click on the links below for other dates:
|_Jump to: Reviews||What Your Drinks Say About You_|
Marvel in the watercolor Southern California sunset with today’s Groupon. For $39 dollars, you get two hours of scenic boating and two drinks from the bar aboard the Catalina–Marina Del Ray Flyer (a $71 value) on Saturday, September 19, September 26, or October 10.
The vessel travels up the coast from Marina del Rey to Santa Monica and back, allowing you to observe the illustrious coastlines of Venice, Santa Monica, and Malibu in style from the upper deck’s open-air seating. Your captain will point out key sites (important landmarks, sea lions, clouds shaped like orthopedic insoles) as you kick back and relax with two complimentary cocktails of your choice from the on-boat bar.
Round up your family for an aquatic adventure, impress your significant other, or just soak up the sea breeze by yourself, wondering what might have been if you had only known where it all might have gone if it only went for one night. After sharing a few cocktails with the 148 other passengers and playing the traditional boating game Shoe, Bottle Cap, Shoot, you might even meet someone special to celebrate the scenery with.
There aren’t any reviews for the sunset cruise, but Yelpers give Catalina Marina Del Rey Flyer’s excursions 4.5 stars:
- Maybe even better was the customer service on the boat. It was bar-none, the best of any ferry or cruise liner I have been on (and as a longtime So-Cal resident, I have had my fair share.) – Pierce R.
- Went out to Catalina recently to celebrate our anniversary, took the Flyer, had a great time. My concerns on a ferry involve the safety, cleanliness, efficiency, smoothness of the ride and the pleasantness of the staff. The Flyer exceeded my expectations on all counts. – Elizabeth t.
- The captain was nice to give us a heads up when passing pods of dolphins so we got to catch them swiming [sic] around and with us, plus he also paused the boat to do a few moments of whale watching! So cool!! – Robert H.
What Your Drinks Say About You
Riding on the Catalina Booze Cruise gets you two complimentary cocktails. Here are some things that your drink of choice says about you:
- Domestic Beer: You have tremendous manners and your spelling is tremendous.
- Imported Beer: You feel deeply for extinct animals and though you donate a fair amount of money to charity, you do so anonymously.
- Glass of Wine: You sold your helicopter business to focus on teaching children how to cobble.
- Glass of Schnapps: Despite what Diane thinks, your new haircut looks great. She’ll come around.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 27, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Only valid for 9/26/09. Reservations required. Not valid with other offers. Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable once reservation is made. Tax not included. Limit 4 per person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.