All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | The Best Time to Enjoy Desserts
Just like Mom used to say: "If it looks good enough to eat, I bet it's from that delicious sweet store next to the old gin mill. You know the one I'm talking about, right? No, not that one. I'm talking about Ceci-Cela Patisserie, where I buy all my artful, tantalizing desserts and store them in my chest freezer next to my year-supply of spinach quiches." And Mom was always right. Today's Groupon gets you $15 worth of croissants, madeleines, tarts, éclairs, and more for $7. Stop by the charming storefront that calls to you from the street with a quaint yellow and blue awning and hand-painted sign—it holds the promise of delicate, buttery goodness and impromptu games of I'm Hiding in a Baguette.
Ceci-Cela's authentic French menu features handcrafted selections by French pastry chef Laurent Dupal. Pierce the puff of an éclair ($3.75) to taste the decadent chocolate, vanilla, or coffee crème that waits inside. Grab a whole box for your next gathering, or bring a friend to share in the deliciousness over espresso ($2.75). You can use your Groupon toward an eight-inch paradise cake (mix of guava, mango, and passion fruit mousse with fresh fruit on top; $31) to take home, or take a friend to a decadent lunch, complete with dessert. Butter up your boss with a baguette and brie ($3) and satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicate opera cake ($6.75 for individual size). Try a leek and onion quiche ($5 for individual size) or a ham and cheese croissant ($3.25) for a filling French treat.
- A taste of paris....my french friends come here for the best croissants in NYC. My personal favorite is the pear william cake. – bandtic, Citysearch
- The coffee was served in an oversized coffee mug, which I just adore...The service that I experienced was a complete pleasure. Prompt and allowing me to read and relax rather then rushing me out. – wr0002, Citysearch
- .....I love the new people working in Ceci-cela now.They are always smiling,and that makes the whole atmosphere much more pleasant [sic]...Now I not only enjoy the pastries but the service as well... – geo_smith, Citysearch
The Best Time to Enjoy Desserts
Everyone can agree that it isn’t wise to indulge too often in sweet treats such as the ones served at Ceci-Cela. In fact, many treats are designed to complement a particular mood or moment. Here’s when some fancy sweets taste the best:
- Éclairs: Best enjoyed in the afternoon after a light lunch
- Napoleons: Best enjoyed after signing up for a library card with a fake ID
- Crème Brûlée: Best enjoyed after writing your third Knight Rider spec script
- Caramelized Tarts: Best enjoyed after adopting an escaped hedgehog
- Truffles: Best enjoyed after a romantic dinner on the phone
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 3, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per table. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Not valid Oct. 30-31, Nov. 25-26, Dec. 23-25 and 30-31, and Feb. 13-14. Not valid for galette des rois. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.