If your own wine cellar has fallen into disarray since the incident with the butler and the Martinique macaw, this deal is the key to a viscount-worthy substitute. Today’s Groupon gets you $25 worth of wine and small dishes for $10 at Cellar 56, a Buckhead bistro and wine bar that offers "amazing food, excellent wine and terrific service for bargain prices," according to HelloAtlanta.com. Cellar 56 has 56 wine options and a menu packed with flavors priced at $6 or less.
The portions of the seafood, chicken, olives, and cheese on Cellar 56's menu are generous and easily shared between two people, according to the Sunday Paper, as well as one two-headed person, or nine miniature people arriving in an adorable little covered wagon. The Sunday Paper recommends the green chile and prosciutto mac 'n’ cheese ($5.50), New Bedford scallops ($5.50), Guinness-braised short rib ($6), duck confit flatbread with fig jam ($5.50), and the blueberry crumble with gingerbread and lemon curd ($3.50), a pan-seasonal dessert that will make you pre-nostalgic for holidays yet to be invented ("Happy Feaster, everybody!"). Cellar 56's food is fresh, and much of it’s sourced from local farms and dairies.
Cellar 56's friendly, experienced servers can help you match the perfect plate with your wine to make flavor pairings that stride in sync more perfectly than a hungry marching band. The wine list has 56 types of reds and whites, and offers about 30 options by the glass; the wines are served in state-of-the-art Eisch glassware, which aerates the wine quicker than conventional, airproof glass. Sip and swirl in Cellar 56's swanky dining room, which has white linen tablecloths on classy, dark wood tables resting solidly on stone tile floors, placed solidly atop a cement, Baroque-revival foundation.
- If you hanker for sophisticated food and decent wine but your wallet is thin, a visit to Cellar 56 is in order. Just for fun, I could probably come up with 56 good reasons to patronize this little spot. For now, I’ll settle on the biggest reason any of us should visit: It’s a knockout deal. – Katie Kelly Bell, Sunday Paper
- Good things do come in small packages, as Cellar 56 demonstrates. This intimate wine bar and bistro tucked into a shopping center in the heart of Buckhead offers amazing food, excellent wine and terrific service for bargain prices. This is Buckhead-quality food and drink at Cabbagetown prices. – Diane Loupe, HelloAtlanta.com
- Yes, you already know there are a lot of fantastic restaurants in Buckhead, but make sure to add one more to the best-of-the-best list. Cellar 56, located at 56 East Andrews Drive and carrying 56 varieties of wine, is the neighborhood's newest hot spot for fine dining. – Jessica Thomas, Metromix
- Decked out with a deep-chocolate wood bar, stone tile and wood floors, 20+ white-linen'd tables, and cream-colored banquettes, C56 slings high quality vino and chow at such reasonable prices, you'd think you were in an Irish Pub -- no coincidence, since the owners run the one directly upstairs. The "56" address dictates both the number of grapey selections and the priciest bottles (Roco Pinot Noir, Verget Macon Bussieres 2006...); however, thirty bottles (Hedges CSM, Kung-Fu Girl Riesling...) are priced at just $24 -- so when you order the cheapest option, you're not being a shameful d*ck, you're just going with the majority. – Thrillist
Big Things, Small Packages
The small dishes at Cellar 56 pack big flavor, proving that something petite can sometimes have a wallop waiting for you inside. What are some other examples of big things coming out of small packages?
- inflatable dad
- colony of spiders inside organic pineapple
- rhino that burst out of monkey on YouTube
- suitcase nuclear device fallen into the wrong hands, and only one man can stop them…. Disgraced Secret Service Agent Jake Huntley is The Triggerman.
- smoked turkey caught in mail slot
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Peachtree Heights West
56 W Andrews Dr Nw
Atlanta, Georgia 30305Get Directions