Beginners can learn basics of wall climbing during Belay classes while advanced climbers can enjoy a full day passes
What You'll Get
- Indoor climbing
- Beginner Belay Classes:
- Mon/Wed/Fri at 7 pm
- Saturday and Sunday at 12 pm and 4 pm
- For more information click here
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first-timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. A waiver is required to climb at Central Rock Gym Randolph. Please fill out your waiver online by visiting https://centralrockgym.com/randolph/gyms-waiver/ .To see availability for Intro to Belay classes visit https://centralrockgym.com/randolph/climbing/introductory-belay-class/ . You must call (781) 885-2120 to reserve your spot in the belay class after filling out your waiver online. Please do not book classes online as our booking system is set up to incur charges for non-members. Please note that these are offered at specific times and may not be available for all days. If you have a question about a day/time, please call the gym. Offer NOT valid at other Central Rock Gym Locations. Offer is only valid at Central Rock Gym Randolph. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Central Rock Gym Randolph
When thinking of the world's great climbing locales, a few names come to mind: Everest. Kilimanjaro. Randolph. At least, that's the rumor at Central Rock Gym, a climbing gym outfitted that brings the thrill of vertical ascent indoors with 20,000 square feet of walls reaching heights of over 40 feet. Here, visitors of all ages can try their hands (and feet) at scrambles up enormous rock walls studded with challenging grips and handholds. The gym also hosts other fitness classes, including yoga, cardio, and weightlifting led by skilled instructors.