Horses symbolize a wild, uncontrollable spirit, which is why rebellious teenagers sport mane-like mohawks and eat even the cores of their apples. Take the reins with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $10 for two children’s pony rides ($20 value)
- $28 for a trail ride for two, valid only on weekdays (up to $56 value)
- $30 for a trail ride for two, valid any day of the week (up to $56 value)
- $56 for a trail ride for four, valid only on weekdays (up to $112 value)
- $59 for a trail ride for four, valid any day of the week (up to $112 value)
During 40-minute trail rides, groups follow guides through the verdant meadows and forests of Chain O’ Lakes State Park, keeping eyes peeled for local wildlife such as deer, hawks, and eagles. Trail rides are available seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (weather permitting). Kids aged six and younger can hop on friendly, low-key ponies. Overseen by the stable’s staff, whippersnappers gain experience in the saddle while inside the safety of an enclosed ring.
Reservations are required and you must mention your Groupon when calling.
Chain O' Lakes State Park Riding Stable
Located less than 90 minutes from Chicago amidst Illinois's largest concentration of natural lakes, the Chain O' Lakes State Park Riding Stable sits on a 2,793-acre park neighbored by a 3,230-acre conservation area. There, horseback trail rides explore undulating hills and thick forest populated by deer, eagles, and the much-sought-after Keebler elf. Horse-drawn wagon rides—led by seasoned drivers along wooded trails—furnish especially colorful views in autumn, and the stable staff can curate optional cookouts at wooded picnic sites.