Choose from Three Options
- $21.60 for a $24 gift credit toward any products
- $40.50 for a $45 gift credit toward any products
- $58.50 for a $65 gift credit toward any products<p>
In the Press
- The East Bay Express lauded Charles Chocolates with a "Best Chocolates" honor
- The San Francisco Chronicle got excited for the 2013 reopening of Charles Chocolates
- The confectioners also received an Editor's Pick in 7x7 Magazine
- Food & Wine chose "raisies", a tangy fruit-and-chocolate treat, as one of their Top 10 Chocolates
- See other press clippings here
About Charles Chocolates
When Charles Chocolates abruptly shuttered in 2011, chocolate lovers across San Francisco felt the loss deeply. So when murmurs began around town that founder Chuck Siegel sought to reopen, the press stoked the fires of anticipation. In 2013, just before Valentine's Day—which celebrates the love all pure-hearted men feel for chocolate—Charles Chocolates made an aptly timed, and triumphant, return.
With new digs in the former Potrero Brewing Company, the Charles Chocolates confectioners work on brewing only the sweetest concoctions. As before the closing, they work with all-natural ingredients in small batches to ensure perfection. The kitchen's sweets, from delicate truffles to moist cakes, are packed in robin's-egg blue boxes, which have become a symbol of delicious times to come. Some sweets even arrive in edible chocolate containers, a childlike wonder that pleases even the most artisan-tongued adults. In keeping with the Willy Wonka-like attitude, the proprietors allow for tours of the production facilities, after which visitors can sample some of the freshly made sweets before departing.