All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed October 19, 2014
Reviewed September 20, 2014
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $9 for admission for two (up to $16 value)
- $17 for admission for four (up to $32 value)
- $24 for admission for six (up to $48 value)
Children ages 3 and younger are admitted for free. Click to view the museum hours.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 150 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
Obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. Charles Wright is proof that one person can make a big difference. In the 1960s, Dr. Wright was consumed by a vision: to create a center for the development and preservation of African American culture and history. He drew 30 other Detroit citizens to his cause, and together they established the International Afro-American Museum, which was renamed in honor of Dr. Wright in 1998. Today, the museum remains a place to explore the history of African Americans, from their origins in Africa to their struggle to overcome slavery and discrimination in America.
- Size: a 125,000-square-foot facility with more than 30,000 artifacts and archival materials
- Permanent Exhibit: And Still We Rise: Our Journey Through African American History and Culture, where more than 20 galleries travel from ancient African civilizations to modern-day Detroit
- Eye Catcher:Ring of Genealogy, a 37-foot tile mural surrounded by the names of prominent African Americans
- Special Programs: films, lectures, educational programs, and annual events, including the African World Festival
- Don't Miss: the handcrafted artwork inside the museum store, which comes from local and African artisans
- Hands-On Learning: A is for Africa, an exhibit with 26 interactive stations that introduce young visitors to African history
- Pro Tip: The museum is closed on Mondays.