The Founding Fathers held their initial meetings in a neighborhood tavern, which explains why the Declaration of Independence’s first draft had a long, rambling subsection devoted to how powdered wigs are a natural icebreaker. Revolt against the tyranny of boredom with today’s Groupon to Checkerz Bar & Grill. Guests must be 21 years old to enter. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a meal for two (up to a $32.97 value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer or 12-piece order of wings (up to a $7.99 value)
- Two entrees (up to an $8.99 value each) or one 14-inch pizza (up to a $14.59 value)
- Two premium domestic beers (a $3.50 value each)
- For $10, you get $20 worth of anything on the menu. Burgers and sandwiches range from $4.59–$6.99.
The servers at Checkerz Bar & Grill spread hearty feasts before guests as they gaze at 11 flat-screen TVs, listen to live music, or swap tales over frosty brews. Twosomes can commence chew-a-thons by digging into a pound of Clubhouse fries strewn with cheese and bacon, or sampling mozzarella sticks, jalapeño poppers, fried mushrooms, battered green beans, and onion rings in a Munchie basket. Dining duos can also opt for a dozen chicken wings, which lounge in the fryer until crispy and brown, then execute daring nosedives into one of eight sauces that range from chipotle barbecue to spicy asian. The third-pound patty melt nestles beneath toasted rye, grilled onions, and oozing swiss, and the ranch wrap’s tortilla conceals hand-breaded chicken tenders conspiring with bacon, lettuce, and tomato in a thick fog of ranch dressing. Barbecue-chicken pizzas double as edible turntables during live music acts that perform Thursday–Saturday, and dartboards and a pool table challenge patrons to one-handed throwdowns as they nurse premium domestic brews.
1706 W Till Rd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46818