Slow-roast your caffeine craving with this Groupon: $10 for $20 worth of coffee and food at any of Cherry Street Coffee House's five coffee homes. Cherry Street serves quality coffee, tea, and cocoa, along with bagels, pastries, handshakes, acknowledging winks, and fresh sandwiches. A 12-ounce Americano coffee is $2.10, so this Groupon could caffeinate you every day for a week. Try white mocha, Milky Way, mocha mint, and carmello coffees, or sip chai tea, cider, and freshly squeezed lemonade.
The menu has breakfast bagels decked out in your choice of egg, cheese, ham, bacon, hummus, sun-dried tomato, feta, and more. Plus, there's quiche, borek, baklava, hummus, falafel, and gyros. Mediterranean flavors come courtesy of the Iranian owner, a poetry and peace-lover who hangs photos of Martin Luther King and Gandhi on the walls of the shops and puts aphorisms on the menu. All the Cherry Street locations are relaxing, comfortable coffee houses with friendly, prompt service and coffee.
Cherry Street Coffee's owner was nominated as Best Downtown Coffee Entrepreneur/Philosopher by Seattle Weekly:
- Here's a quick business quiz: What captain of industry said the following? "Don't just think outside the box, burn the box and invite everyone for the party." Was it (a) Donald Trump, (b) Jack Welch, (c) Warren Buffett, or (d) Ali Ghambari? As the latter sits in his fourth Cherry Street Coffee House location, at First Avenue and Clay Street, eagerly describing his fifth store (scheduled to open this month at First and University), Ghambari retains all the drive and energy he arrived with in 1979. – Brian Miller, Seattle Weekly
- Great coffee and nice baristas - No Seattitude here! – Rachel M., Yelp
- ...the coffee here is excellent. The baristas know their stuff and the foam is some of the best I've ever had. Definitely the best in the neighborhood... – Toby P., Yelp
- Great Food, great coffee and great service. – mhill123, Citysearch
Famous Aphorisms: Ben Franklin
The aphorisms on the menu at Cherry Street Coffee House might remind you of Ben Franklin, whose famous adages include “Early to bed and early to rise make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
Franklin was also a tremendous basketball fan, though his basketball-related aphorisms haven’t had the same staying power:
- In this world, nothing is certain but death and high-flying, gravity-defying monster dunks.
- A penny saved is a penny that can later be signed by Philadelphia 76ers power-forward Moses Malone.
- Oh, America, are you serious? Wham, bam, slam…jam! It’s awesome, baby!
Cherry Street Coffee House
Cherry Street Coffee House displays local art, hosts live music, and holds events at each of its locations. Steam rises from blends of house coffees, forming the shape of perfume bottles that spritz the cafes with the aromas of Brazil nuts and dark cocoa. A medley of coffee beans from Papua New Guinea and Central and South America flavor the signature espresso, which guests can enjoy in between bites of house-made breakfast bagels, quiche, pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads. Cherry Street's kitchen staff supplies a list of ingredients, highlighting which vibrant dishes are vegan, contain dairy and nuts, or plan to transform into dairy and nuts.