$12 for a two-hour guided walking tour ($20 value)
Schedule is subject to change, call or check architecture.org for updated schedule. Choose from the following tours:
- Historic Downtown (North Loop): Treasures of Culture & Commerce, daily at 2 p.m.
- Historic Downtown (South Loop): Rise of the Skyscraper, daily at 10 a.m.
- Modern Skyscrapers (1950s-Present), daily at 1 p.m.
- Downtown Deco, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at 11 a.m. and Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Chicago Old & New, Monday and Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday at 2:30 p.m.
- Millennium Park Revealed, Friday at 11 a.m.
Chicago Architecture Foundation
With a mission to inspire people to discover why design matters, the Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF), a nonprofit organization, offers many educational programs and tours which help locals and visitors appreciate the city's architecture. CAF began leading walking tours of the Loop in 1970 and has expanded to many forms of urban exploration: boats, bus, bike, "L" trains, and even Segways. Their volunteer docents lead tours after completing a graduate-level 10-week training program. In addition to hosting over 85 tours, the CAF hosts a variety of youth-education activities, lectures, special events, and rotating exhibits that highlight Chicago and its many communities.