What You'll Get
Today's side deal gets you one step closer to becoming the secretary of state—or at least the secretary's secretary of secretary affairs. For $30, you get a young-professional membership from the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, a $75 value. Aside from being a great place to hang out and see the latest suit-and-tie fashions, the council offers a diverse array of speakers and networking events for the up-and-coming political rockclimber. In the council's parlance, “young” means 40 and under. Membership benefits include:
- Reduced member pricing for you and your guests when attending public programs
- Invitations to member-only programs
- A one-year subscription to Time Out Chicago or a one-year extension on your current subscription
- Free subscription to Foreign Policy magazine and discounts on subscriptions to other foreign-policy publications.
- Discounts on language classes at select institutions, bookshops, and at the InterContinental Hotel, Chicago
- Opportunity to participate in the cooperating council's travel program
Purchasers of today's Groupon also get free admission to a lecture by General David Petraeus on May 18. Other upcoming events, available for a young-professional-member discount rate, include lectures by Nobel Peace Prize–winner Muhammad Yunus and a presentation and discussion on The Perils of Global Legalism.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 11, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Valid for young-professional membership only. Must be 40 years or younger. Membership begins 5/10/10. Must complete registration online. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.