All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Admission For One
- Admission For Two
- Admission For Four
The Chicago History Museum is a place of learning, discovery, creativity, and, well, history. The museum encourages people to value their own stories and share them with others.
Located at the intersection of Clark Street & North Avenue in Lincoln Park, the Chicago History Museum has an impressive 22 million-piece collection of historical artifacts, photographs, documents, as well as a world-renowned costume collection. No matter what your age or interest, the Chicago History Museum has something for everyone.
Admission includes access to all exhibitions in the Museum, including audio tours. Student and senior discounted tickets are available but this voucher still offers the best deal available. Illinois Resident Children under 18 are free. Non-Illinois Resident Children 12 and under are free..
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. If not redeemed by expiration date, the amount paid for this voucher is only valid toward the purchase of admission tickets. Voucher is not valid for group sales/tours. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Chicago History Museum
Founded in 1856, the Chicago History Museum upholds its legacy as one of the city's oldest cultural institutions with more than 22 million artifacts blown in from the city's storied past. The museum boasts several galleries and interactive exhibits where visitors of all ages discover the fascinating history of a city that grew from a barren 19th-century trading outpost to a bustling, youthful city that hosted the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893. Read on for more info about current exhibits:
- Sensing Chicago: Guests of all ages use their five senses to explore Chicago culture, past and present. At various interactive stations, visitors hear the cracklings of the Great Chicago Fire, smell the Union Stock Yard, and pose inside a giant Chicago-style hot dog.
- Other permanent exhibits: At the museum's permanent exhibits, visitors experience Chicago and its incredible history. They climb aboard the city's original L car, explore a re-created jazz club, and admire the sophisticated fashions in a Marshall Field's window display.
- Amplified: Chicago Blues This amplified exhibit will celebrate the artists, clubs, and how music helped people feel at home in a new, inhospitable city. Explore Blues music’s transformation from songs of the Mississippi Delta to an electrified sound synonymous with the Second City.
- Remembering Dr. King invites visitors to walk through a gallery of over 25 photographs depicting key moments in Dr. King’s work and the Civil Rights movement, with a special focus on his time in Chicago. This exhibit tells the stories of race from biological, cultural, and historical points of view to offer an unprecedented look at race and racism in the United States.
- Modern by Design_ boasts nearly 300 objects, photographs, and printed materials dating from the 1930's to the 1950's, and showcases Chicago's role in shaping modern graphic, interior, and industrial design.