All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed May 4, 2018
· Reviewed July 12, 2017
· Reviewed May 2, 2017
What You'll Get
History tends to repeat itself, which means there’s a good chance that Napoleon will rise from his grave to criticize the shortcomings of NBA players. Admire what history has taught us thus far with today’s voucher.
Choose from Three Options
- $8 for admission for one (a $16 value)
- $16 for admission for two (a $32 value)
- $32 for admission for four (a $64 value)
Located at the intersection of Clark Street & North Avenue in Lincoln Park, the Chicago History Museum has an impressive 22 million-piece collection of historical artifacts, documents, and photographs, as well as a world-renowned costume collection.
Admission includes access to all exhibitions in the Museum, including audio tours, and The Secret Lives of Objects, a special exhibition that features over 40 objects and artifacts that have emerged from the museum’s protected vaults, and offer hints of their mysterious pasts: they may be as decadent as diamonds, as revealing as crime evidence, or as perplexing as outdated modes of transportation.
The Kid’s Gallery exhibition, Sensing Chicago, enables young visitors to explore Chicago’s history through their five senses. The Museum’s newest exhibition, Lincoln’s Undying Words explores the powerful story of Abraham Lincoln’s transformation through five key speeches made between 1858 and 1865. Rare treasures, including Lincoln’s family carriage and the bed in which he died, are on display supplemented by an audio program of selected excerpts from the speeches.
Student and senior discounted tickets are available but this voucher still offers the best deal available. Children 12 and under are free.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. If not redeemed by expiration date, the amount paid for this voucher is only valid toward the purchase of admission tickets or museum membership. Voucher is not valid for group sales/tours. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Chicago History Museum
Founded in 1856, the Chicago History Museum upholds its legacy as one of the city's oldest cultural institutions with more than 22 million artifacts blown in from the city's storied past. The museum boasts several galleries and interactive exhibits where visitors of all ages discover the fascinating history of a city that grew from a barren 19th-century trading outpost to a bustling, youthful city that hosted the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893. Read on for more info about current exhibits:
- Sensing Chicago: Guests of all ages use their five senses to explore Chicago culture, past and present. At various interactive stations, visitors hear the cracklings of the Great Chicago Fire, smell the Union Stock Yard, and pose inside a giant Chicago-style hot dog.
- Other permanent exhibits: At the museum's permanent exhibits, visitors experience Chicago and its incredible history. They climb aboard the city's original L car, explore a re-created jazz club, and admire the sophisticated fashions in a Marshall Field's window display.
- A City and its Sound This amplified exhibit will celebrate the artists, clubs, and how music helped people feel at home in a new, inhospitable city. Explore Blues music’s transformation from songs of the Mississippi Delta to an electrified sound synonymous with the Second City.
- Remembering Dr. King invites visitors to walk through a gallery of over 25 photographs depicting key moments in Dr. King’s work and the Civil Rights movement, with a special focus on his time in Chicago. This exhibit tells the stories of race from biological, cultural, and historical points of view to offer an unprecedented look at race and racism in the United States.