Overwhelmed by Chinese fare’s beauty and deliciousness, Marco Polo had himself blindfolded and navigated the East by shouting his name out loud. Discover seductive savories with today’s Groupon to China Gourmet in West Orange. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a meal for two (up to a $76 value) including:
- One appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $52 value)
Two glasses of house wine (a $10 value)<p>
- For $59, you get a meal for four (up to a $152 value) including:
- Two appetizers (up to a $28 value)
- Four entrees (up to a $104 value)
- Four glasses of house wine (a $20 value)<p>
The chefs at China Gourmet cook up authentic Chinese cuisine served in a warmly lit dining area appointed with traditional décor. Diners may enjoy a savory prologue to a chapter of chomper-smacking by beginning feasts with an appetizer of vegetable spring rolls or an expertly curated platter of dim sum. Raise glasses of house wine to toast the overhead lights or one of the chefs’ specialties, such as the filet of grey sole, which takes a heated bath in ginger and scallion before docking in mouth ports. A flurry of lotus flour coats thick slices of house specialty tangerine beef before a snappy bout of frying dresses the tender cuts in a crispy exterior, and a sizzling platter of clams in brown-bean-paste sauce arrives to tables sputtering heated arguments over who goes first.
468 Eagle Rock Ave.
West Orange, New Jersey 07052